My computer doesn't recognize the product. What should I do?
Try disconnecting all cables (power cable and USB cable) from your scanner and then reconnecting it.
Try a different USB cable.
Check the connection setting and test the connection using Epson Scan Settings:
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON > EPSON Scan> EPSON Scan Settings. Make sure the correct Connection setting is selected, then click the Test button.
If you have problems scanning using the optional Network InterfaceUnit, try these solutions:
- Make sure the Network Interface Unit is securely connected to the network or your computer and the scanner with a working cable.
- Make sure your scanning software is installed correctly and that you have selected the correct settings for the program you are using.
- Check that the IP address for the scanner is correct in the Epson Scan Settings utility.
- If you are scanning with Document Capture Pro, check the following:
- Make sure the Group settings are the same as the Network Interface Unit settings. See the Document Capture Pro Help utility, and the Network Interface Unit User's Guide for details.
- With Windows, make sure the program is not being blocked by a network firewall. If so, you can unblock the EEventManager Application program in the Windows security settings; see Windows help for details.
- If the scanner is connected to the Network Interface Unit, the numeric display on the scanner shows and you cannot select a scanning job from the display.
Published: Mar 25, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!