How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your product, transport it a long distance, or store it for an extended period, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position on the upper side of the scanner. If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the scanner and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- Open the scanner cover and slide the transparency unit transportation lock to the locked position. Then close the scanner cover.
- Turn off the scanner using the power button.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Disconnect the scanner cover cable.
- On the back of the scanner, slide the transportation lock to the locked position to secure the scanner carriage.
- Place the scanner in its original packing materials if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the scanner.
Avoid turning scanner upside down when transporting.
Published: Oct 31, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!