How should I clean the product?
To keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Cleaning Your ScannerTo keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
- Turn off the scanner using the power button.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the scanner glass gets dirty, clean it with a soft dry cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner on a soft cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
Note: Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass.
- Remove the document mat and clean the transparency unit window in the same manner as the scanner glass.
Make sure that no dust builds up on the surface of the scanner glass or transparency unit window. Dust can cause spots in your scanned images.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Do not open the product case. Do not press the glass surface of the document table with any force and be careful not to scratch or damage the glass surface of the document table. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.