How do I manually connect to a Wi-Fi network?
You can use the EpsonNet Config utility to connect the scanner to a Wi-Fi network.
Note: You must have a computer with a wireless adapter to set up the connection.
Note: The scanner powers off after 5 minutes of inactivity. If the scanner turns off during the procedure, you may need to repeat some of these steps.
- Make sure the scanner is turned off.
- Set the connection mode switch on the scanner to the AP mode position.
- Turn on the scanner and wait for the ready and Wi-Fi lights to stop flashing.
- From your computer or device, open the list of wireless networks and select the SSID shown on the label on the bottom of the scanner.
- Enter the password shown on the label on the bottom of the scanner. When the ready and Wi-Fi lights on the scanner stay on, the connection is established.
- Do one of the following to start EpsonNet Config:
- Windows 10: Click > EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select EpsonNet Config.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs. Select EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config > EpsonNet Config.
- Mac: Open the Applications folder, select Epson Software > EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config > EpsonNet Config.
- Select your scanner from the list and click Configuration.
- Select Network > Wi-Fi.
- Select the following settings for your infrastructure connection:
- Communication mode: Select Infrastructure.
- SSID: Enter the SSID of the wireless router.
- Security level: Select the wireless connection's security protocol.
- WEP Settings or WPA Settings: Enter the wireless connection's security key.
- Click Transmit.
- Open the Device menu and select Quit.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Connect the computer or device to the wireless network.
- Set the connection mode switch on the scanner to the Wi-Fi position.
- Turn on the scanner. When the ready and Wi-Fi lights on the scanner stay on, the scanner is connected to the network.
- Select the link below to set up network scanning. You must set up network scanning to connect your computer and wireless scanner.
Setting Up Network Scanning
Published: Nov 30, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!