What does the message on my product's LCD screen mean?
- Make sure the scanner is connected and correctly configured.
- Install Epson Scan 2 and Document Capture Pro (Windows), Document Capture (Mac), or Document Capture Pro Server on your computer or server.
- Install the latest version of the application.
- Make sure the AC adapter is securely connected to the scanner and an electrical outlet. Check that the outlet is working properly by plugging another electrical device into it.
- Check the firewall settings for Epson software.
- Make sure the Group setting is the same for the computer and the scanner.
- Search for the computer again.
Product Status Messages
You can often diagnose problems with your product by checking the messages and status icons on its LCD screen.
Note: If the LCD screen is dark, press the screen to wake the product from sleep mode.
|LCD screen message||Condition/solution|
|Install the software on your computer or server to use this feature. For details, see your documentation.||Install Epson Scan 2 and Document Capture Pro (Windows), Document Capture (Mac), or Document Capture Pro Server on your computer or server.|
|A job may not be registered. Register a job using Document Capture Pro. For details, see your documentation.|
When job is not found, check the following. - Job registration on the software.
|Create a scan job in Document Capture Pro (Windows), Document Capture (Mac), or Document Capture Pro Serveron your computer or server.|
|Check the following when a computer is not found. - Connection between the scanner and the computer (USB or network) - Installation of a necessary application - Version of an application - Power supply of a computer - Firewall settings and so on - Group settings of a scanner and Document Capture Pro - Execution of re-searching. For details, see your documentation.||Try the following:|
|Recovery mode||An error has occurred during firmware updating. Connect your product using a USB cable and try downloading the Firmware Update from the Epson support site. If you still need help, contact Epson for support.|