What does the message on my product's LCD screen mean?
Product Status Messages
You can often diagnose problems with your product by checking the messages and status icons on its LCD screen.
Note: If the LCD screen is dark, press the screen to wake the product from sleep mode.
LCD screen message Condition/solution Install the software on your computer or server to use this feature. For details, see your documentation. Install Epson Scan 2 and Document Capture Pro (Windows), Document Capture (Mac), or Document Capture Pro Server on your computer or server. A job may not be registered. Register a job using Document Capture Pro. For details, see your documentation.
When job is not found, check the following. - Job registration on the software.
Create a scan job in Document Capture Pro (Windows), Document Capture (Mac), or Document Capture Pro Serveron your computer or server. Check the following when a computer is not found. - Connection between the scanner and the computer (USB or network) - Installation of a necessary application - Version of an application - Power supply of a computer - Firewall settings and so on - Group settings of a scanner and Document Capture Pro - Execution of re-searching. For details, see your documentation. Try the following:
- Make sure the scanner is connected and correctly configured.
- Install Epson Scan 2 and Document Capture Pro (Windows), Document Capture (Mac), or Document Capture Pro Server on your computer or server.
- Install the latest version of the application.
- Make sure the AC adapter is securely connected to the scanner and an electrical outlet. Check that the outlet is working properly by plugging another electrical device into it.
- Check the firewall settings for Epson software.
- Make sure the Group setting is the same for the computer and the scanner.
- Search for the computer again.
Recovery mode An error has occurred during firmware updating. Connect your product using a USB cable and try downloading the Firmware Update from the Epson support site. If you still need help, contact Epson for support.