The scanner doesn't work properly when I press the start button. What should I do?
- Document Capture Pro (Windows) and Document Capture (Mac) do not support using the start button to scan over a wireless connection (ES-500W/ES-500WR). Connect the scanner using a USB cable or launch Epson Scan 2 before scanning from the button on your scanner.
Note: If you installed the Epson ScanSmart software, pressing the start button on your scanner starts Epson ScanSmart instead, over a USB or wireless (ES-500W/ES-500WR) connection. For instructions on scanning with Epson ScanSmart, see the help information in Epson ScanSmart or click here to access the Epson ScanSmart User's Guide.
- Check the USB cable connection between the computer and scanner.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Make sure Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac) is installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Make sure you have assigned the correct job to the scanner button and change it, if necessary.
- Check the status of the lights and make sure the scanner is ready to scan.
- When using a wireless connection, start Epson Scan 2 on your computer before scanning from the product (ES-500W/ES-500WR).
- Make sure Epson Scan 2 and other applications are installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
Note: Document Capture Pro (Windows) and Document Capture (Mac) are not available for the ES-300WR/ES-500WR.
Scanner Button Does Not Work as Expected
If the scanner button does not start the correct program or perform the correct action, try these solutions:
Adding and Assigning Scan Jobs with Document Capture Pro - Windows
Assigning Start Button Settings or Scan Jobs - Mac