How do I attach a scanned image to an e-mail with Epson ScanSmart?
You can attach a scanned image to an e-mail as a PDF or JPEG file attachment.
Note: Your email app and account settings should be configured before scanning. You must install a MAPI-type email program such as Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, Entourage, or Mac Mail. Attach to Email only supports 32-bit MAPI-compatible mail apps. Web-based email services such as Gmail are not supported. If you see an error message, your email app may not be compatible and you will need to save the scans and manually attach the file to an email.
- Make sure your originals are scanned and reviewed. See the link below.
- In the Select Action window, click Attach to Email. You see a screen like this:
- Change the settings as follows:
- The document type and scan date for the file name are automatically detected. You can change them as necessary.
- You can save the scanned image as a PDF, JPEG, or searchable PDF file. If you select searchable PDF, you can select the OCR language.
- If you also want to save a copy of the scanned image to your computer, make sure the checkbox is selected and select the folder on your computer where the document is saved.
- Click Attach to E-mail. Your e-mail program opens with the file attached to a new e-mail.
Scanning a Document in Epson ScanSmart
Published: Aug 1, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!