I cannot scan over a network with Epson Scan 2. What should I do?
- If you cannot scan from the start button on the scanner, make sure you restarted your computer after installing the scanning software. Also start Epson Scan 2 before scanning with the start button.
- Document Capture Pro (Windows) and Document Capture (Mac) do not support starting a scan from the scanner button over a wireless network (ES-500W/ES-500WR). Launch Epson Scan 2 before scanning from the scanner button over a network.
Note: If you installed the Epson ScanSmart software, pressing the start button on your scanner starts Epson ScanSmart instead, via a USB or wireless (ES-500W/ES-500WR) connection. For instructions on scanning with Epson ScanSmart, see the help information in Epson ScanSmart or click here to access the Epson ScanSmart User's Guide.
- If you are scanning a large original at a high resolution, a network communication error may occur. Try scanning again at a lower resolution.
- If network communication was interrupted while starting Epson Scan 2, exit Epson Scan 2, wait a few seconds, and restart it. If Epson Scan 2 cannot restart, turn off your scanner, turn it back on, and try starting Epson Scan 2 again.
- Check the network connection setting in the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- You may need to disable the firewall and any anti-virus software on your wireless router or access point.
- If you see the message "Network product is not available: currently being used by user", there may be a communication error between the scanner and computer. Restart the scanner.
- Epson Scan 2 does not support networks that use only IPv6. Use Epson Scan 2 on a network that supports IPv4.
- If the Firewall function is active, the scanner may not be discovered by the Epson Scan 2 Utility. Open the Epson Scan 2 Utility, enter the IP address for your scanner, and click Add.
Note: Document Capture Pro (Windows) and Document Capture (Mac) are not available for the ES-300WR/ES-500WR.
Cannot Scan Over a Network
If you cannot start Epson Scan 2 when scanning over a network, try these solutions: