How do I replace the product rollers?
Replace the scanner rollers after you have scanned 100,000 times. Check the scanner roller counter to see when you need to replace the rollers.
- Turn off the scanner.
- Unplug the AC adapter.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Pull down on the cover open lever and open the scanner cover.
- Squeeze the tab on the right side of the pickup roller cover and open the cover.
Do not place too much force on the arm inside the cover when replacing the pickup roller.
- Slide the pickup rollers to the right and remove them.
- To install the new lower pickup roller, align the notches on the roller and slide it to the left.
- To install the new upper pickup roller, align the notches on the roller and slide it to the left. Make sure the smaller roller is on the bottom.
Do not touch the surface of the rollers.
- Close the pickup roller cover.
Note: If you are not able to close the cover, the pickup rollers are not installed correctly. Remove the rollers and reinstall them, then try to close the cover again.
- Press down on the separation roller cover latch inside the scanner cover and pull down the cover to open it.
Be careful not to apply too much force when opening the cover.
- Slide the separation roller to the side, then remove it.
- Pull the release tab on the separation roller and remove it from the spindle.
- Slide the new separation roller onto the spindle as shown. Make sure that the notches on the roller and spindle align properly.
Note: Check that there are no gaps between the roller and spindle. You hear a click when the roller is firmly locked into place.
- Align the notches on the spindle and the scanner, then slide the separation roller into the scanner and gently push it into place. You hear a click when the roller is correctly aligned and locked into place.
- While applying gentle pressure on the separation roller, close the separation roller cover.
Note: If you are not able to close the cover, the roller is not installed correctly. Remove the roller and reinstall it, then try to close the cover again.
- Close the scanner cover.
- Plug in the AC adapter and turn on the scanner.
Reset the roller counter after replacing the rollers.