The scanner does not turn on or turns off unexpectedly. What should I do?
- Make sure the AC adapter is securely connected to the scanner and to a working electrical outlet.
- If the scanner turns off unexpectedly, you may need to adjust the Power Off Timer setting.
- If you are using a USB connection, make sure the connection mode switch is set to the position (ES-300W/ES-300WR).
- Make sure you are operating the scanner within the operating temperature range (ES-300W/ES-300WR).
- Make sure the USB cable is securely connected to the computer.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- Use the USB cable that came with the scanner.
- Use a USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) port. You cannot use a USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 port to operate the scanner on a USB power supply.
- If the scanner does not turn off when operating on the battery (ES-300W/ES-300WR), disconnect the AC adapter and USB cable and press the reset button on the bottom of the scanner. Then reconnect the scanner and try again.
If the scanner does not turn on or if it turns off unexpectedly, try these solutions:
Changing the Power Save Settings
Published: May 25, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!