How do I scan a document so I can edit the text in word processing software?
- Items that have been copied from other copies
- Text with tightly spaced characters
- Text that is in tables or underlined
- Cursive or italic fonts and font sizes less than 8 points
You can scan a document and convert the text into editable text using a process called OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
To scan and use OCR, you can use the Epson ScanSmart software. Epson ScanSmart is available for your product.* You can also use the Document Capture or Document Capture Pro software, each of which is also available for your product.
Note: Document Capture and Document Capture Pro are available for the ES-200/300W only.
OCR software cannot recognize handwritten characters, and certain types of documents or text may be difficult for OCR software to recognize, such as the following:
* To install Epson ScanSmart, you can download the software from the Downloads tab on your product's support page.