How do I manually connect to a Wi-Fi network?
You can manually connect the scanner to a Wi-Fi network by entering the network names (SSIDs) and passwords for your wireless network router and your scanner (ES-300W/ES-300WR). You must have a computer with a wireless adapter to set up the connection. Also make sure you have installed your scanner software as described on your scanner Start Here sheet.
Note: For best results, re-install your scanner software and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to a network.
- Turn your scanner over and locate the label on the bottom listing the SSID and password for your scanner. Make a note of the SSID and password for use later.
- Set the connection mode switch on the side of the scanner to the AP mode position.
- Turn on the scanner and wait for the lights to stop flashing.
- From your computer or device, open the list of wireless networks and select the SSID shown on the scanner label. Then select the connect option.
- Enter the password shown on the scanner label.
- Connect your computer or device to your wireless network router.
- Set the connection mode switch on the side of the scanner to the Wi-Fi position.
Wait for the ready and Wi-Fi lights on the scanner to stop flashing and stay on, indicating that the scanner is connected to the network.
- Select the link below to set up network scanning. You must set up network scanning to connect your computer and wireless scanner.
Setting Up Network Scanning
Published: Oct 4, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!