I can't start Epson Scan 2. What should I do?
- Restart your computer.
- Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the scanner.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart Epson Scan 2.
- Connect the scanner directly to the computer. The scanner may not work properly when connected through a USB hub.
- If you connected the scanner using a USB cable, make sure it is connected directly to your computer or through only one USB hub.
- Make sure you do not have multiple versions of Epson Scan 2 installed. If you do, uninstall all versions and install one version.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan 2, try reinstalling it.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Make sure the ready light stops flashing, indicating that the scanner is ready to scan.
If you cannot start Epson Scan 2, try these solutions:
Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: Jan 9, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!