Scanning is slow. What should I do?
- Scan your original at a lower resolution, if possible.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are scanning a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory.
- If you are running virus protection or other security software, exclude the TWAIN.log files from monitoring or set the TWAIN.log file as read only. See your virus protection or security software instructions for details. The TWAIN.log file is saved in the following locations:
Note: You may need to unhide system folders to view files in these locations.
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Local Settings\Temp
- Windows (other versions): C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Local\Temp
- If you are running on USB power, connect the AC adapter to the scanner.
If scanning becomes slow, try these solutions:
Published: Jun 8, 2017 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!