How should I clean the inside of my product?
Clean your scanner regularly to make sure that no dust builds up on the glass scanning surfaces. Dust can cause spots or lines in your scanned images.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
- Turn off the scanner and unplug the AC adapter.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Pull down on the cover open lever and open the scanner cover.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe off any dust or dirt on the glass scanning surfaces and the rollers inside the scanner cover. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner on a soft cloth to remove the stains. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanning surfaces. Be careful not to place too much force on the glass.
- Wipe off any dust or dirt on the separation roller using a soft cloth.
- Wipe off any dust or dirt on the pickup roller using a soft cloth.
- Plug in the AC adapter and press the power button to turn on the scanner.
- Hold down the start button for at least two seconds while opening the scanner cover. The rollers on the bottom move momentarily and the scanner enters cleaning mode. Press the start button several times to rotate the rollers shown here. Use a soft cloth to wipe off any dust or dirt on the rollers as they rotate. Repeat this step until the rollers are clean.
- Close the scanner cover.