My original jammed in my product. What should I do?
If an original has jammed inside the scanner, follow these steps:
- Turn off your scanner.
- Remove all originals from the input tray.
- Pull down the cover open lever and open the scanner cover.
- Gently pull out any jammed originals from inside the scanner.
- Gently pull out any jammed originals from the output tray.
- Close the scanner cover.
- Carefully follow all loading instructions when you reload originals.
If originals jam in the scanner frequently, try the following:
- Select Slow on the scanner control panel to slow down the scanning speed.
- Turn off the Detect Double Feed setting.
- Clean inside the scanner and clean the rollers.
- Close the output tray and let the originals fall freely onto the surface below the scanner.
- If the roller counter is nearing end of life, replace the roller assembly kit.
Cleaning Inside Your Scanner
Loading Originals in the Input Tray
Original Document Specifications
Plastic and Laminated Card Specifications
Special Original Specifications
Where to Get Help
Published: Feb 6, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!