My computer does not recognize the product when I use a USB connection. What should I do?
After installing the scanner software, make sure you restarted your computer. If restarting your computer does not solve the problem, try the following:
- Make sure the scanner is turned on.
- Make sure Epson ScanSmart and Epson Scan 2 are installed correctly. Reinstall the software, if necessary. You can download the software from the Downloads tab on your product's support page.
- Disconnect your scanner from your computer, then reconnect it.
- If you use a USB hub, connect the scanner directly to the computer.
- Make sure to use the USB cable that came with the scanner.
- Try using a different USB port on the computer.
Published: Feb 6, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!