The product is not converting characters to editable text. What should I do?
- Make sure your original is loaded straight on your product.
- Use an original with clear text.
- Adjust these Epson Scan 2 settings (if available) and try scanning again:
- Select the correct Image Type setting.
- Select or adjust the Text Enhancement setting.
- If the Image Type is set to Black & White, adjust the Threshold setting.
- Set the Image Type to Grayscale.
- Set the scanning resolution between 200 and 600 dpi.
- If the original document is in landscape mode, set the Rotate setting to Auto in Epson Scan 2.
- If you are using OCR software, check the manual for any additional adjustments.
- Scan thermal paper receipts as soon as possible. They may deteriorate due to age or friction.
- When saving to Microsoft Office or Searchable PDF files, check that the correct languages are selected. Check the language in each save setting window.
If characters in your scanned images are not recognized during OCR conversion, try these solutions:
Scanning in Epson Scan 2
Image Format Options
Published: Feb 14, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!