The scanner doesn't work properly when I press the start button. What should I do?
- You cannot scan using the start button over a wireless connection. Connect the scanner using a USB cable before scanning from the button on your scanner (DS-80W).
- Check the USB cable connection between the computer and scanner.
- Check that the correct scanner is selected using the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Make sure you have assigned the correct job to the scanner button and change it, if necessary.
- Check the status of the lights and make sure the scanner is ready to scan.
- Make sure Epson Scan 2 and other applications are installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
If the scanner button does not start the correct program or perform the correct action, try these solutions:
Adding and Assigning Scan Jobs with Document Capture Pro - Windows
Assigning Start Button Settings or Scan Jobs - Mac
Scanner Light Status
Published: Oct 4, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!