How should I clean the inside of my product?
Clean your scanner regularly using the dry cleaning sheet that came with your scanner. Dust on the scanning surface can cause spots or lines in your scanned images. If spots or lines remain, a wet cleaning sheet is available as part of the optional maintenance sheet kit (part number B12B819481).
Note: The illustration shows the DS-70, but the steps are the same for the DS-80W.
Use the dry or wet cleaning sheets to clean your scanner. Do not disassemble your product and do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
You can purchase genuine Epson accessories at epson.com (U.S. sales), epson.ca (Canadian sales), or epson.com.jm (Caribbean sales). You can also purchase accessories from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766) in the U.S. or 800-807-7766 in Canada.
- Turn on the scanner and make sure it is connected to the computer.
- Load the dry cleaning sheet into the scanner.
- Do one of the following to start the Epson Scan 2 Utility:
- Windows 10: Click > EPSON > Epson Scan 2 Utility
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON > Epson Scan 2 > Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Mac: Open the Applications folder, click Epson Software, and click Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Click Maintenance.
- Click Cleaning.
Note: Cleaning does not start if the battery level is low (DS-80W).The scanner feeds and ejects the cleaning sheet. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds.
- If spots or lines remain, repeat these steps to clean it again.
Note: You can use the same dry cleaning sheet multiple times.
- If the scanner is not clean after multiple cleanings with the dry cleaning sheet, repeat these steps using the wet cleaning sheet from the optional maintenance sheet kit.
Note: You can use the wet cleaning sheet only once. If the scanner is still not clean after using the wet cleaning sheet, contact Epson for support.
User Replaceable Epson Scanner Accessories