How do I load plastic cards in the input tray?
You can load plastic and laminated cards that meet the card specifications in the input tray.
Note: To increase the accuracy of auto size detection when scanning laminated cards, select the Document Size > Settings > Scan laminated card setting in Epson Scan 2.
- Open the input tray, pull out the output tray, and open the stopper. Do not pull out the extensions.
- Slide the input tray edge guides all the way out.
- Check to make sure that the page separation lever is in the position shown here.
Note: To prevent paper jams, make sure to set the lever back to its original position when scanning standard single- or multi-page originals.
- Load plastic or laminated cards printed side down and short edge first into the input tray vertically, and slide them in until they meet resistance.
Note: Do not load the cards horizontally.
- Slide the edge guides against the edges of the card.
- Turn off the Detect Double Feed setting on the Main Settings tab in Epson Scan 2 when scanning the cards.
Note: If you do not disable the Detect Double Feed setting and a double feed error occurs, remove the plastic or laminated card from the input tray and reload it. Press the icon on the main screen to disable the Detect Double Feed feature and scan again. You will need to disable Detect Double Feed for each scan.
Suggested Tray Positions
Feed Selector Lever