How do I load a legal-size document?
Do the following:
Note: If you are loading an original that is 15.5 inches (393.8 mm) or longer, load only one sheet at a time.
Note: The illustrations show the ES-500W II, but the steps are the same for the ES-400 II.
- Open the input tray and pull up its extension.
- Pull out the output tray and its extension, and open the stopper.
- Slide out the input tray edge guides all the way.
- Load the legal-size original(s) in the input tray printed side down and top edge first, and guide them in until they meet resistance.
- Slide the edge guides against the edges of the original(s).
- If necessary during scanning, adjust the position of the stopper on the output tray extension to fit the ejected originals.
Note: If thicker paper does not eject properly or falls from the output tray, push in the output tray and allow the originals to eject freely onto the surface below the scanner. If the scanned images are affected by the originals ejecting below the scanner, try placing the scanner on the edge of a table where the ejected originals can drop freely.If scanning thin or wrinkled paper causes paper jams, press the slow mode button once before scanning to slow down the feeding speed; press it again to return to normal speed.
Note: If you are loading originals that are 15.5 inches (393.8 mm) or longer, do not pull out the input or output tray extensions and do not open the stopper.
Note: If you are scanning originals that are 15.5 inches (393.8 mm) or longer, support the original as it enters into and ejects from the scanner as shown.