How do I scan a thick or large document?
You can use the optional flatbed scanner dock (part number B12B819011) to scan documents that are too thick or large for the scanner's input tray. When you scan a thick or large document, lift the flatbed scanner cover to accommodate the document.
Note: To use the optional flatbed scanner dock, you also need the Epson Perfection V19/V39 scanner. The flatbed scanner dock is supported in Windows only.
Note: Do not place heavy objects on the scanner glass and do not press on the glass with too much force, or it may damage the scanner. Do not leave photos on the scanner glass for an extended period, or they may stick to the glass.
To scan a thick or large document with the optional flatbed scanner dock, do the following:
- Close the document scanner's output tray.
- Open the flatbed scanner cover.
- Place your original facedown on the scanner glass with the top edge facing as shown. Slide the original to the edges of the indicated corner.
Note: Place your original 0.1 inch (2.5 mm) from the top and side edges of the scanner glass in order to avoid cropping. If you are scanning multiple photos at once, place them at least 0.8 inch (20 mm) apart from each other.
- Gently close scanner cover and hold it down as you scan.
Note: The scanner cover will lift up slightly from the base of scanner.
- Start Epson Scan 2.
- Select Scanner Glass as the Document Source setting.
- Select other scan settings as necessary.
- Click Scan.