The scanner doesn't work properly when I press the start button. What should I do?
If the scanner button does not start the correct program or perform the correct action, try these solutions:
- Document Capture Pro (Windows) and Document Capture (Mac) do not support using the start button to scan over a wireless connection (DS-575W II). Connect the scanner using a USB cable or launch Epson Scan 2 before scanning from the button on your scanner.
- Check that the correct scanner is selected using the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Make sure Document Capture Pro is installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Make sure you have assigned the correct job to the scanner button and change it, if necessary.
- Check the status of the lights and make sure the scanner is ready to scan.
- When using a wireless connection, start Epson Scan 2 on your computer before scanning from the product (DS-575W II).
- Make sure Epson Scan 2 and other applications are installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
Adding and Assigning Scan Jobs with Document Capture Pro - Windows
Assigning Start Button Settings or Scan Jobs - Mac
Published: Dec 17, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!