How do you clean the print heads from the printer driver menu?
Follow these instructions to perform a head cleaning:
1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing, and all the red ink lights are off. (If an ink light is flashing or on, you need to replace a cartridge.)
2. Windows: Right-click the printer icon on your taskbar (in the lower right corner of your screen). Select Head Cleaning.
Macintosh OS 8.6 to 9.x: Choose File > Page Setup or Print. Click the utility button, then click the Head Cleaning button.
Macintosh OS X: Open the Applications folder and select EPSON Printer Utility. Select SP 2200 in the printer list, click OK, and select Head Cleaning.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head. Cleaning takes about 45 seconds, during which the printer makes noise and the green power light and red ink lights flash.
4. When the green power light and red ink lights stop flashing, make sure paper is loaded in the printer and click Print nozzle check pattern. Then click Print.
5. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps or lines, click Finish. If the pattern has white lines, click Clean to clean the print head again. If you don't see any improvement after cleaning three or four times, check the solutions beginning on page 68 of your manual. You can also turn the printer off and wait overnight-this allows any dried ink to soften-and then try cleaning the print head again.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!