How should I transport my product?
If you move your printer some distance, you need to prepare it for transportation in its original box or one of a similar size. To avoid damage, always leave the ink cartridges installed when transporting the printer. Be sure to remove the tape used in step 4 after installing the printer in its new location.
Do the following:
1. Turn on the printer, wait until the print head locks in the far right position, then turn off the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Then disconnect the printer cable from the printer.
3. Remove any paper from the printer and remove the paper support.
4. Open the printer cover. Secure the ink cartridge holder to the printer with tape, then close the printer cover.
5. Push in the output tray extension and close the tray.
6. If possible, repack the printer and attachments in the original box using the protective materials that came with it. See the Start Here sheet. Be sure to keep the printer level as you transport it. After transporting the printer, carefully remove the tape securing the print head and then print a document to test the output. If you notice a decline in print quality, clean the print head; if output is misaligned, align the print head.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!