How should I transport my product?
If you move your printer some distance, you need to prepare it for transportation in its original box or one of a similar size. To avoid damage, always leave the ink cartridges installed when transporting the printer. Do the following:
1. Turn on the printer and wait until it completes its initialization and stops moving. Then press the power button to turn the printer off.
2. Unplug the power cord.
3. Disconnect the printer cable from the printer.
4. Remove any paper from the printer and remove the paper support.
5. Open the printer cover. Secure the ink cartridge holder to the printer with tape.
Then close the printer cover. Be sure to remove the tape after installing the printer in its new location.
6. Push in the output tray extensions and close the tray.
7. Repack the printer and attachments in the original box using the protective materials that came with it. Be sure to keep the printer level as you move it.
After transporting the printer, remove the tape securing the print head and test your printer. If you notice a decline in print quality, clean the print head. If output is misaligned, align the print head.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!