How should I transport my product?
If you move your EPSON Stylus CX5200 some distance, you need to prepare it for transportation in its original box or one of a similar size.
To avoid damage, always leave the ink cartridges installed when transporting the EPSON Stylus CX5200.
Never transport or store the Stylus CX5200 on its side or in a tilted or upside-down position.
1. Press the On button to turn on the EPSON Stylus CX5200 and wait until the scanner carriage moves to the home position (toward the left side) and the print head locks in the far right position, then turn it back off.
2. Open the scanner lid and slide the transportation lock to the locked position.
3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Then disconnect the USB cable.
4. Remove any paper from the sheet feeder and output tray, then remove the paper support and feeder guard.
5. Lift up the CX5200 top. If you still have the packing insert, slide it down into the area beside the ink cartridge holder and tape it to the EPSON Stylus CX5200 case. If you don't have the insert, just tape the cartridge holder to the EPSON Stylus CX5200 case.
6. Push the CX5200 top down carefully until it clicks back into place.
7. Repack the EPSON Stylus CX5200 and its attachments in the original box using the protective materials that came with them.
8. Keep the EPSON Stylus CX5200 level as you transport it.
9. After transporting the EPSON Stylus CX5200, remove the tape securing the print head, unlock the scanner transportation lock, and make a test copy. If you notice a decline in quality, clean the print head. If output is misaligned, align the print head.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!