My product is printing blank pages from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Make sure your printer is selected in the Print window (Windows) or in the Page Setup and Print windows (Mac OS X), or is the active printer in the Chooser (Mac OS 8.6 to 9.x).
Your document may have more pages than you think. Select Print Preview from your application's File menu before printing. Then either select to print only the current page, or only those pages with text, or delete the extra pages in your document before printing.
Paper settings in the printer software may be incorrect for your paper size. Check the paper size, orientation, printable area, and layout settings to make sure they're correct for your paper size.
Also, the computer, the external print server or printer may be in a buffer overflow condition. Follow the procedure below to clear any potential overflow:
- Turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the AC adapter from the print server.
- Open the printer queue and delete any print jobs.
- Turn off the computer.
- Wait 2-3 minutes, then turn the printer back on.
- Reconnect the AC adapter to the print server.
- Turn on the computer and wait for the computer to boot.
- Restart the print job that caused the problem.
Note: In the course of troubleshooting this problem, you may try cleaning the print head. When you are using the print head cleaning utility for Mac OS 8.6 to 9.x, you must click the Close button when you see the screen below.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!