I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new cartridge and you are still seeing an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed. Follow these steps to reinstall the cartridge.
- Make sure the printer is turned on, then open the printer cover.
- Do one of the following:
- If the red error light is on, press the Maintenance button.
- If the red error light is flashing, press the Maintenance button. You see Ink Cartridge Replacement, highlighted in the Advanced Settings menu. Press OK.
- You see a message on the LCD screen telling you that ink cartridge replacement will begin. Press OK to continue. The print head moves to the replacement position.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press in the tab on the back of the cartridge and lift the cartridge out of the printer.
- Lower the cartridge back into the holder, with the green circuit board facing the front. Then gently push the cartridge down until it clicks into place.
- Close the ink cartridge cover.
- Press OK and close the printer cover.
The printer begins charging the ink delivery system.
- When you see a message that charging is complete (after about a minute), press OK.
Published: Feb 4, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!