How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your CX7000F, you must prepare it for transportation by packing it in its original box or one of a similar size.
- Turn off the CX7000F.
- Remove any paper from the sheet feeder and close the paper support.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Then disconnect the USB cable from the CX7000F.
- Open the scanner section and make sure the ink cartridge holder is in the home position on the right.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder (print head) to the case with tape.
Caution: Be sure to remove the tape after installing the printer in its new location.
- Close the scanner section, push in the output tray extension, and close the output tray.
- Repack the CX7000F in the original box using the protective materials that came with it.
After transporting the CX7000F Series, remove the tape securing the print head, plug in the CX7000F Series, and turn it on. If you notice a decline in print quality, clean the print head; if output is misaligned, align the print head.
Published: Jan 18, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!