I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new cartridge and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the Epson Stylus is turned on.
- Make sure the CD/DVD tray is not inserted and the CD/DVD guide is in the paper printing position.
- Do one of the following:
- If your printer indicates that an ink cartridge is expended, press OK.
- If your printer does not indicate that any ink cartridge is expended, press Setup, select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Change Ink Cartridge and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
- Open the cartridge cover.
Caution: Never attempt to open the cartridge cover while the print head is moving; wait until the cartridges have moved to the replacement position.
To avoid damaging the Epson Stylus, never move the print head by hand.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
Note: If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
- Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 1.5 minutes.
You see a message on the display screen when ink charging is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the Epson Stylus while the ink is charging or you'll waste ink.