I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
The solution for this problem depends on if the paper jams in the front paper cassette, in the back of the printer, or in the bottom of the printer. See the solutions below for your situation:
Paper Jams in the Front Paper Cassette
- Turn off the Epson Stylus Photo RX680 Series and close the output tray and extension.
- Pull out the front paper cassette and carefully remove the jammed paper.
- Reload the front paper cassette.
If that doesn't work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus Photo RX680 Series. Open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus Photo RX680 Series back on.
- Make sure the printer is turned on, and remove the auto duplexer.
- Open the lower rear cover. If you see any paper jammed in the printer, pull it out slowly.
- If you can see the paper jammed in the auto duplexer, pull it out slowly.
- Close the lower rear cover and reattach the auto duplexer.
- Gently pull any jammed paper from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Close the output tray and its extensions.
- Remove the paper cassette and carefully stand the printer on its side. Then carefully remove the jammed paper.
- Stand the printer upright and replace the front paper cassette. Then plug the power cord back into the printer and turn the printer back on.
Published: Aug 10, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!