I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab. Then press in the tab on the edge guide and slide it against the paper, and make sure it's not too tight. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure you don't load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have selected the wrong paper size in the printer software. Press the paper button to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it is ejected, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- If the paper jams, do the following:
|Load up to this many sheets|
| Plain paper|
Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
|20 sheets |
(for letter size
and 8 × 10”)
(for 4 × 6”
and 5 × 7”)
|Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss|
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
|Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets|
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- Try turning the printer off and then back on, to eject the jammed paper.
If that doesn't work and paper is stuck inside, turn off the printer. Open the printer cover, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the cover, and turn the printer back on.
Published: Aug 2, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!