My printout is blurry or smeared. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure your paper isn't damp or curled, or loaded face down (the printable side should be face up). It's usually brighter or whiter.
- Use a support sheet with special paper, or try loading your paper one sheet at a time.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications.
- Use Epson papers to ensure proper saturation and absorption of genuine Epson inks.
- Align the print head.
- Remove each sheet from the output tray as it is printed.
- Avoid handling printouts on glossy paper for a few hours to allow the ink to set.
- If ink smears on the back of a printout, clean the paper path.
- Turn off High Speed mode in the printer software.
- If you are using double-sided paper and printing heavily saturated or dark images on the front side of the paper, you may notice that smudges or marks appear on the front when you print the second side. If one side of the paper will contain a lighter image or text, print that side first to eliminate marks or smudging.
Published: Aug 2, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!