I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then press in the tab on the edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Stop button, then open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Make sure you don't load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- If the paper jams, do the following:
Paper type Load up to
this many sheets
Epson Bright White Paper
Epson Presentation Paper Matte
80 sheets Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
20 sheets Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- Press one of the Copy buttons to eject the paper.
- If paper is still jammed, gently pull it out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If paper is stuck inside, turn off the Epson Stylus CX. Then open the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, close the scanner, and turn the Epson Stylus CX back on.
- If the paper light is still flashing, press the On button and the Color Photo button to clear the error.
Published: Jun 14, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!