My product is printing blank pages. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the print head nozzles are not clogged.
- Make sure the printer software settings are appropriate for the paper size you're using.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- The printer won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the printer base in all directions.
- If you're using Windows, activate the Skip Blank Pages setting.
- Right-click the printer icon in the lower right corner of your screen (taskbar) and select Printer Settings. If you don't see the icon, click here for instructions on making it appear.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Speed & Progress button, then click Skip Blank Page.
- Try printing a different document to determine if the problem is limited to one document. If the problem is with one document, try recreating the document.
- You may need to uninstall your printer software and then reinstall it (Windows or Macintosh).
Published: Aug 3, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!