I'm having problems installing the software. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure your printer is turned on, then carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet (Windows or Macintosh).
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers and virus protectors) are closed before you install the software. If any applications were open, uninstall the software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the software as described in the Start Here sheet (Windows or Macintosh).
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- If you are using a Macintosh OS X 10.3.9 through 10.4.x and you do not see the printer name in the Format for menu on the Page Setup screen, you may need to set up your printer in the Printer Setup Utility or Print Center. See the Start Here sheet for instructions.
- Make sure the USB Controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're printing over a network, see Use Your Product on a Network.
- Uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software(Windows or Macintosh).
Note: You must connect the printer to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver is installed correctly on your computer. Carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
- In Windows, make sure the Epson Stylus Photo R1900 is selected as the default printer and that the correct port is shown in the printer properties window.
Published: Feb 12, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!