My printout has incorrect or missing colors. What should I do?
The problem could be due to a software setting, the condition of the printer, or the paper you're using. Check the following:
- For Windows, make sure the ink setting in your printer software is not set to Grayscale. For Mac OS X, change the Color setting to Color in the Print Settings of your printer driver.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the ICM (Windows) or ColorSync (Macintosh) setting.
- If you're using color management in your application, select Off (No Color Adjustment) to disable color management in the printer software.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
Published: Jul 7, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!