The Advanced B&W Photo setting is grayed out in my product driver. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure you install the correct black ink cartridge for the media type selected. When the photo black cartridge is installed, the Advanced B&W Photo setting is available only for glossy media types. It is not available for any of the matte media types. When the matte black cartridge is installed, the Advanced B&W Photo setting is available only for matte media types.
- If you plan to switch the black ink cartridge from one type to another, switch the cartridge before you open your printing software. If you open an image in your software and then switch the black ink cartridge, your printer driver may display invalid media settings.
- On a Macintosh, if you're using the correct black ink cartridge for your media type but the Advanced B&W Photo setting is still grayed out, Do the following:
- Open the Hard Drive.
- Select Applications > EPSON Printer Utility 3.
- Select your printer and click OK.
- Click EPSON Status Monitor, make sure you see the ink levels in the status window, then click Update.
Published: May 23, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!