My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded “AB” cable not more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
- Turn the Epson Stylus off, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with your printer, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- You may need to uninstall the software (Windows or Macintosh) and then reinstall it (Windows or Macintosh).
- Cancel the print job. Close all programs, except the application being used. Resend the file again.
Published: Apr 5, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!