My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Check the following if you're using a USB connection.
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded “AB” cable not more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with the WorkForce, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn off the WorkForce, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
- You may need to uninstall your printer software (Windows or Macintosh) and then reinstall it (Windows or Macintosh).
- If you're using a wired (Ethernet) connection, turn off the WorkForce, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
Published: Aug 29, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!