My printout has incorrect margins. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the paper settings are correct for your paper size in the Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software.
- Choose the correct margins for your paper size in your printing program.
- Use the Print Preview or Preview option in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5 printer software to check your margins before you print.
- Make sure your paper is positioned next to the right side of the feeder and the edge guide is against the left side of the paper. See Load paper.
- If you're using a Macintosh and your applicatiion has a Page Setup window, make sure you choose the correct printer in both the Page Setup window and the Print window.
- Check to see if there is a Printer Friendly Version (or similarly named) icon or link on the web page that you can click on.
- Experiment with page setup and paper size, then select Print Preview from the File menu in your application to view the changes.
- You may need to reinstall your printer software (Windows or Macintosh).
Published: Aug 15, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!