How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
If you're printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements. If you're printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory.
- Use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Choose Black Ink Only in your printer settings if your document doesn't include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- If the printer is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
- Make sure Quiet Mode is not selected.
- Make sure the paper Type or Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded.
Published: Aug 15, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!