My product installation software doesn't find my wireless network. What should I do?
Try the following:
- If your wireless router or access point is set to not broadcast its Network name (SSID), you'll need to enter the SSID manually in the printer's setup software. If your wireless router or access point has wireless security enabled, you'll also need to know what kind of security it is using.
- Make sure the printer is within range of the wireless router or wireless access point.
- Try connecting to the wireless router or access point with your computer or another device to confirm that it is working correctly.
- Avoid placing the printer near a microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or large metal objects such as a filing cabinet.
- If there are any access restrictions (such as MAC address filtering) set on the wireless router or access point, register the printer's MAC address on the router or access point. Print a Network Status Sheet to obtain the MAC address. Then see your router or access point's documentation for instructions. Note: To print a network status sheet, load a sheet of plain paper in the printer, then press the button to print the status sheet.
- Disable any settings (such as AP Isolation, Client Isolation, or Privacy Separator) on your wireless router or access point that would prevent wireless devices from communicating with each other.
- Make sure that you entered the correct WEP key or passphrase for your wireless network. WEP keys are either ASCII or Hex and passphrases are case-sensitive.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to your network with a Ethernet cable during the installation.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- If you have a software firewall installed on the computer you want to print from, you need to grant full network access to the wireless software. If necessary, open TCP port 14135 and UDP ports 69, 13364, 13621, 13878, and 14135 in your firewall software. See your firewall documentation for details.
Published: Sep 24, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!