My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Check the following if you're using a USB connection:
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded “AB” cable not more than 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with the Artisan, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn off the Artisan, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
- Close all software except for the software you're using to print and try printing again.
- If you're using a wired network (Ethernet) connection, turn off the Artisan, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on and then try printing again.
- If you're using a USB connection you may need to uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software.
Published: Aug 26, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!