My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Clean the print head nozzles.
- Select a higher Quality Option or Print Quality and turn off High Speed mode in the Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.5 or Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4 printer software.
- Make sure the paper Type or Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded.
- Make sure the printable side of the paper is face up. It's usually brighter or whiter.
- With Macintosh OS X 10.5 or Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4, try using Automatic mode.
- Align the print head.
- The printer won't operate properly if it's tilted or at an angle. Place it on a flat, stable surface that extends beyond the base in all directions.
- The ink cartridges may need replacing.
Published: Jul 14, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!