I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then squeeze the left edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Start button, then open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. Load new paper.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- If paper jams, follow these steps:
- Gently pull any jammed paper out from the output tray or sheet feeder.
- If paper is stuck inside, turn off your Epson printer.
- Lift the scanner, remove the jammed paper and torn pieces, lower the scanner, and turn the printer back on.
Your printer model may vary from the ones shown here, but the procedures are the same.
Published: Jun 9, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!