My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded “AB” cable not more then 6.5 feet (2 meters) long.
- Make sure your printer is selected as the active printer in your printing program.
- Turn the Epson Stylus off, check that the cables are securely connected, turn it back on, then try printing again.
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with your printer, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- You may need to uninstall your printer software and then reinstall it (Windows or Macintosh).
- Make sure you delete any documents pending in the Status Monitor print queue.
Published: May 11, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!