I'm having problems installing the software. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If you're installing the printer on a network, follow the instructions in the printed Network Installation Guide that came with the printer.
- If you're installing the printer using a USB cable, make sure the printer is turned on and the USB cable is securely connected at both ends. If you still have problems, disconnect the USB cable and carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
Note: You must connect the printer to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver is installed correctly on your computer.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers and virus protectors) are closed before you install the software. If any applications were open, uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software for a USB or Network (wireless or wired) connection.
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- If you installed the printer using a USB cable, make sure the USB controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're printing over a network, set up the software for network printing.
- Uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software for a USB or Network (wireless or wired) connection.
Published: Jun 10, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!